Saturday, February 20, 2016

Live: A Spoken Poem

* * Advisory: This post contains strong content and language. In other words: if strong content and language is not your cup of tea... then this post may not be for you. Enjoy! - M. * *

Live


your love is a tinderbox
is a fuck you and a no thank you
here's your two bucks
oh trippin'
your gown's slippin'
here why don't I
fuck you and no thank you
I'm all me and I'm not you
no thank you
I'm here now and it's all good
and it's 
Wal-Mart hittin'
stacked jeans rippin'
skippin' down the Milky Way
'cause fuck you and all your sailors
slip slippin' in my shoes trip trippin' down the
hello, that's my ass mother fucker
step off
before I rip it off

so hat's off
to the ringmaster rock blaster hip hop dance master
'cause I'm rollin'
this bitch is over it
was this shit worth it
'cause ain't nobody get it
wanna face their face here in this mirror
see what they don't wanna see
right bitches wrong switches dick hitches bad stitches

yeah, wher' e'rybody at when you need em'
hideaway dark spaces dark places
stringin' up string laces
chewin' on Twizz laces
rockin' to
yeah, that's me
here, there, everywhere
but don't nobody wanna see
me
there
in their face
watch my place

fuck you and fuck my haters
'cause I ain't done with you
'cause all y'all 'r worth it
yeah baby
ass rippin'
soul trippin'
heart slippin'
it's not about
diamonds on the back street
kitty in the front
lickin' rings and sick pricks
let me tell you all hope isn't lost

'cause you're a
M6 fighter jet backin' up somethin' better yet
so stay strong
tell them bad bitches and prick switches
to back the fuck up off ya'
'cause you're a fuckin' miracle
take that wonderful and run
'cause at the finish line is your life
there for the takin'
so take it
and live it


More

The title: Live, is the verb live, rather than the adjective live bait or the adverb feed live.

This poem is a spoken poem... a lyrical rap. So... its expression fluctuates vis a vis crucibles of hearts and souls... every time it's vocalized. So... feel free to express yourself... as you so wish... and transform this poem into your anthem for life reclaimed, life anew.

Lastly... every word serves an extant purpose. Though at times overtly obscure and kaleidoscopic... every word conveys meanings and messages that prevail autonomously sovereign from the contempt, ridicule, disparagement of the blind, the inept, the divergent.

Needless to say... I enjoyed composing this piece, very much. It's a requiem for hope lost... it's an orison for hope reclaimed.

Warmly,

- M.

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong and can't wait to hear this on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the part of a M6 FIghter Jet and stepping off... You have a real gift for poetry. I'd love to see more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of rap but I am a fan of this! Please, may we have more!?!

    ReplyDelete