Sunday, April 17, 2016

Too Turtledove

The following is that which I've composed to express that which I've been experiencing of late...

They present but a glimpse of a larger opus... an expansive composition in a state of fledgling...

Too Turtledove


Oh Shadow, Oh Friend

Oh I take comfort in thee
Though you flee from light too bright
Though you flee from night too blight
Ever I take comfort in thee
Oh shadow, Oh friend

Untitled

What is love
But death
Death of virgin unspoiled
Birth of
Harlot
Destroyer
Ever killer of man
Relentless
Lust
Possessor of poison
Slow suffocating
Hot searing
Quick brutal
Ah
Love
That many thorned beauty
That flower
That slays
Champion
Captain
Lover
Woe betide
The hapless victim of love
Bright true
Fair fierce
Oh woe, Oh me
I am Love
I am Death
I am Harlot
I am Destroyer
I am
Ever
Relentless
I am
You
Am I not?

Oh Warrior, Oh Patriot

Oh Warrior, Oh Patriot
so fierce
but for chance
you and I would be brothers
on this line, so proud
but for fate
I would not cross you in my hairs
so dedicated would we be
to each other
but for my God and yours
you would not cheer my defeat
for my defeat would be our
mortification
but for circumstances so cruel
our glory would not be our blood
upon the hands of each other
brothers in war, in death, in humanity

Oh Warrior, Oh Patriot
can we not see past
chance
fate
my God and yours
circumstances so cruel
to see each other
reflected within
each other's eyes
each other's hearts
each other's souls
brothers
whose oaths in blood
deny us the truth
that we are warriors for humanity
that we are patriots for humanity
that we are brothers
united
for
life
and
freedom

Oh Warrior, Oh Patriot
so fierce
but for chance
you and I would be brothers
ever devoted
ever faithful
ever honored
on this line, so proud

Seeking

Oh lover, find me
Down roads so long and boggy
Up hills so steep and foggy

Oh lover, find me
I am before you
Not so patiently
Yearning
Longing

Oh lover, find me
In caves so dark and gloamy
Upon waves so steep and stormy

Oh lover, find me
I am before you
Not so patiently
Yearning
Longing

Oh lover, find me
Where water plays
On warm midsummer days
When wind flies
Across sailor lit skies

Oh lover, find me
I am before you
Not so patiently
Yearning
Longing

Oh lover, find me
For my mind is dreary
Walking the memories of you
My heart is weary
Feeling the realness of you

Oh lover, find me
I am before you
And I am yours

Fin

Note (I)

The poems above are by no means the only poems that I've composed to express that which I've been experiencing of late... 

The rest prevail unpublished here, as drafts on Google Blogger... and there, on Microsoft OneDrive... As for those thoughts yet tenderer still... they perch within Moleskine notebooks... awaiting flight from leather bindings... 

Of course... aside from that which occupies that vast eternity within all kind... for ever there eternally abide the greatest tales yet untold... of which mine is hardly worth the telling...

Devotedly yours,

a m

Note (II)

The title of this opus is a working title.

See also 'In culture' @ Turtledove @ Wiki (which includes a link to an untitled poem by Shakespeare, here @ Wiki)

45 comments:

  1. Wow.

    This is truly a great set of poems.

    There are so many layers to these, I feel like each time I read them again I see something new.

    Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.

      You are at the top of my list of poets.

      Well done!

      Delete
    2. Same here.

      Delete
    3. Once there was a lass
      Never did she take a pass
      Always speaking true
      About me and you
      She brought many smiles
      Over endless miles
      Her heart was fair and gold
      Despite all that others sold
      We all love her works
      Even though sometimes we irk
      Thank you from all our hearts
      Which you are of a great part
      I leave you with a greet
      Until next week meet.

      Delete
  2. Amazing...
    I hope one day I can write poems like these.
    Thank you for sharing your heart and mind with all of us... it means so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Warrior, Oh Patriot is my favorite. I look forward ton a day when there is only one side. Thank you for this magnificent gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the best. I have never read such beautiful words about Life, Love, and unity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have... missed... these

    Thank you for all that is you and... for sharing it with the world...

    ReplyDelete
  6. One could wait a lifetime for such a set of poems.

    I am glad that I did not have to wait that long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vi har ingen tvil om at dette er den beste sett med dikt i vår tid. Takk skal du ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AlphaCentauriOrBustApril 18, 2016 at 3:36 AM

    I love you and could not imagine anyone better to look up to or aspire to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with all of my heart.

      Delete
    2. I imagine that both of you have great hearts and will grow to be just as beautiful as she is. At least that is what the world can hope for.

      Delete
    3. Are you saying that they are not already as beautiful?

      Delete
  9. I hope that the one that you are seeking opens his eyes and realizes that you are and have always been right in front of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. It is pretty lame to be standing in front of beauty and not see it.

      Delete
    2. I imagine it is the same as not writing or being a wisp of smoke when someone misses you.

      Delete
    3. Aren't you supposed to be out communing with nature? ;)

      Delete
    4. Aren't you supposed to be sending someone a response?

      Delete
  10. 당신처럼 다른 존재하지 않습니다. 우리는 당신의 존재 에 겸손 하고 있습니다. 당신은 우리 모두가 자랑스럽게 생각 합니다.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharing is caring and there is no equal to you in caring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 100 years from now these should be classics. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are already classics... One must not have to wait a 100 years to be considered a great classic.

      Delete
  13. Hauntingly great. It makes me realize to seek unity by removing labels. I miss the Chip aisle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Labels are not bad, people's use of them can be. #LabelsForGoodNotBad

      Delete
    2. Labels are bad. It's nigh time for us to move on from them and focus on creating the tomorrow where all kinds of people can come together.

      Delete
    3. When your entire business is found on labels... you tend to not think they are bad... and make them into the new idol to worship... instead of peace... unity... and grace....

      Delete
    4. Pot meet Kettle?

      Delete
    5. Tsk tsk... Isn't that a form of label type thought... Besides I never met a pot or a kettle I didn't like...

      Delete
  14. This will make a great song, especially Seeking.

    I would love to see the rest of your book one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poems often make the best hits; so many seem to start from there...

      All of us would love to see that book... however... we should let her have her privacy when it comes to some of her most intimate thoughts and creations...

      Delete
    2. Agreed. It's funny to think that these masterpieces are but a small fragment of the total works she has written.

      I for one am always grateful with what is shared.

      Delete
  15. Another day, another read, another new revelation. You are uniquely awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is. Maybe that awesome feeling you have will translate into reaching out.

      Delete
    2. In due time, yes.

      Delete
    3. Yes, she is uniquely awesome. Maybe I am biased but I can't think of another like her. :) Maybe that awesome feeling you have will translate into a closer proximity to her.

      Delete
  16. I just reread all of these and its amazing the layers that are there. I've counted three so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's up to five for me.

      I am sure that there are additional layers of meaning.

      I also love the alliteration present as it helps me to rediscover past favorites.

      Delete
    2. Not making this a contest... eight here... out of eight times reading it... I am sure the rest of you have read it more than five or six times...:)

      Delete
    3. These would make fabulous tweet references! Up to nine meanings here.

      Delete
    4. Agreed. This is not a contest! By the way I am at 12 and counting; loving each time I read them!

      Delete
    5. 12? Pray tell what they are; or is that your age?

      Delete
  17. You know this is not a contest for you guys to compare your size.

    ReplyDelete