Monday, December 12, 2016

The Giving Holly

In the most barren and desolate winter... is there any embodiment of giving more wholesome than the humble holly... ?

*

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... lying liars...

On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... incompetent know nothings...

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... hatred filled hearts of egos risen...

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... entitlement wielding snivelers...

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... vengeance against virtuosity...

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... vanity fueled self conceit...

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... hubristic self superiority...

On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... fictions wearing guises of genuity...

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... jealousy putrefying miser maggots...

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... circuses of frauds never ending...


*

On the first day of Christmas, I gave my true love... the truth...

On the second day of Christmas, I gave my true love... virtue...

On the third day of Christmas, I gave my true love... nobility...

On the fourth day of Christmas, I gave my true love... honor...

On the fifth day of Christmas, I gave my true love... the sword...

On the sixth day of Christmas, I gave my true love... the mirror...

On the seventh day of Christmas, I gave my true love... humility...

On the eighth day of Christmas, I gave my true love... the pen...

On the ninth day of Christmas, I gave my true love... generosity...

On the tenth day of Christmas, I gave my true love... forgiveness...

*

So...

... humans near and humans far...

... what are you giving your fellow man whom you so love as your brother... ?

... what are you giving your true love whom you so love as your self... ?

*


More

Challah is Free... in the time of labor thankless, toil ceaseless... Holly is Ever... in the season of certain death and unbroken darkness... Holy is Sanctity... in the wake of relentless greed and piteous misery... Whole is Hale... in the care of shameless healers testifying snake oil remedies... Wholly is All... in the language of poets and pretenders... Hole is Pitch... in the fear of lost wanderers... Holey is Wanting... in the age of egos risen and truths fallen... Holler is Hail... in the vocance of the found...

... free... ever... sanctity... hale... all... pitch... wanting... hail...

... in the time of labor thankless, toil ceaseless... in the season of certain death and unbroken darkness... in the wake of relentless greed and piteous misery... in the care of shameless healers testifying snake oil remedies... in the language of poets and pretenders... in the fear of lost wanderers... in the age of egos risen and truths fallen... in the vocance of the found...

... Happy Holidays One and All.

- M

18 comments:

  1. Tis the season - to give my fellow brothers and sisters my self and all that I have without expectation of fame, gain, or reciprocity. As for my true love - I give her the warmest hug and thoughts - and wishes for a New Year where she can look out at the world and see that her nobility and grace has not been for naught.

    A Happy Holiday to You - and wishes for your happiness and health for all that you do for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for an honest exposition of the holidays in a way that shows how far we have moved from the place that we should be.

    Happy holidays to one of two princesses whose nobility shows us all what we could be. Maybe this year, there will be a tree and two people sitting under it where I put aside my fear and just enjoy a quiet moment with someone I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words cannot express the well wishes I have for the 12 days that we all celebrate the birth of nobility, truth, grace, kindness, charity, joy, virtue, humility, and mercy. My two favorite days each year are Christmas and Epiphany - not because of the gifts that I shall receive but rather they are the days that remind me of my purpose here and of the Moon and the Sun that toil endlessly in seeking to make this place something truly divine. It's on these days that I give thanks for all that the Moon and the Sun do and humbly reflect on what more that I can do to help restore humanity to the proper path.

    I am not fond of the song 12 days of Christmas but I find that I am very fond of the 10 days of Christmas and I think I will - find myself singing this one - especially the second piece about what I can give.

    Thank you! May your champion, your children, and you have a wonderful holidays filled with love, happiness, and joy. And may one day your true love open his narrow eyes and see all that you have given him and instead of giving you things - give you the one thing that you desire the most! With much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GiveOneVirtueGiveThemAllDecember 15, 2016 at 5:24 AM

    Instead of 364 (one shy of the days in the year) gifts, the gift giving in 12 days of Christmas should have just given his true love his or her heart without condition and spent everyday helping to heal the ills of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice... factor of 12... but you forgot... all of the trees... cows... and everything else that... was given to... the one true love... who then promptly decided... to give all of the gifts... either their freedom... or to those that... were needy.... Such is... grace... and joy... and charity... when it comes to two girls... who just want to... give it all away... for others...

      Delete
  5. This is one of those pieces that makes you pause and reflect on what those that truly love us give each day without praise, without accolades, and without expectation of reciprocity. For me, it reminds me that I have not been the man that I want to be, I have not been the love that my love has been, and I simply have not been the change I want to see in the world.

    Thank you. And on this holiday, I wish you the best and hope for a day where I get to hear this wonderful masterpiece being read in that way that only you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the first day of Christmas, I gave my sister.. my courage.

    On the second day of Christmas, I gave my sister… my truth.

    On the third day of Christmas, I gave my sister… my honor.

    On the fourth day of Christmas, I gave my sister… my fidelity.

    On the fifth day of Christmas, I gave my sister… my discipline.

    On the sixth day of Christmas, I gave my sister… my hospitality.

    On the seventh day of Christmas, I gave my sister… my self reliance.

    On the eighth day of Christmas, I gave my sister… my industriousness.

    On the ninth day of Christmas, I gave my sister… my perseverance.

    On the tenth day of Christmas, I gave my sister… my heart felt love.

    Happy Holidays to you and all of our kin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what...did you give... your true love?

      Delete
    2. The respect that is due to great age and small phallus.

      Delete
    3. Alas... I have neither... so what shall you give me... the one that loves you... two more than any creature?

      Delete
    4. A limp and a head ache and five wonderful gifts plus one for good luck? :)

      Delete
    5. I'll take the five wonderful gifts... your champions... can keep the limps... and headaches... ;)

      Delete
  7. This holiday, I promise:

    To be faithful, loving, and devoted to all beings.
    To make oaths that I shall keep.
    To be humble and modest.
    To protect the humble.
    To remember to respect those that are kind and honest.
    To fight my foes in the field and not let evil go unchecked.
    To not listen to the fool's words or fake virtues.
    To give heed to those who died before me and will come after me.
    To bear with courage the decrees of princesses of towers.
    To bear the sword and bow of my father and his father before him.
    To protect the natural world and all creatures who share it.
    To honor my mother and her sister each equinox.
    To not be anyone other than who I am for gain in this world.
    And to give sanctuary to all that need it, especially big bears with big hearts!

    Happy Ten Days to the greatest mom and aunt in the multiverse. And to their champions and to my brothers and sister and large kin that I love with all my heart; even the ones who choose the path of darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the first day of giving, my mom's true love gave her... his inflated ego.
    On the second day of giving, my mom's true love gave her... his doubts.
    On the third day of giving, my mom's true love gave her... his ritualistic addictions to ceremony.
    On the fourth day of giving, my mom's true love gave her... his unbridled desires.
    On the fifth day of giving, my mom's true love gave her... his anger.
    On the sixth day of giving, my mom's true love gave her... his cravings for the heavens.
    On the seventh day of giving, my mom's true love gave her... his craving for the formless.
    On the eighth day of giving, my mom's true love gave her... his conceit.
    On the ninth day of giving, my mom's true love gave her... his restlessness.
    On the tenth day of giving, my mom's true love gave her... his ignorance.

    On the first day of giving, those that love her gave... their generosity.
    On the second day of giving, those that love her gave... their morality.
    On the third day of giving, those that love her gave... Renunciation of hatred and evil.
    On the fourth day of giving, those that love her gave... Wise and Kind words.
    On the fifth day of giving, those that love her gave... their energy.
    On the sixth day of giving, those that love her gave... patience.
    On the seventh day of giving, those that love her gave... truthfulness.
    On the eighth day of giving, those that love her gave... their determination to help her.
    On the ninth day of giving, those that love her gave... their loving-kindness.
    On the tenth day of giving, those that love her gave.. their hearts.

    Thank you mother for all that you do for all of us - I know that it feels like it goes unnoticed but for your kin, your loves, and all other like us we notice and love you with all of our hearts.

    Happy holidays and ten days of giving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... this true love... is quite the character... He should focus... on being better...

      Delete
    2. You are a selfish, little !@#$ing pig of a man.

      Delete
    3. Anger Management... classes... should be in your... ten days... of Christmas...

      Delete
  9. I think it is !@#$ing amazing that your sister, your daughters, and you are all !@#$ing amazing people who I am !@#$ing happy to know you all. Have a happy !@#$ing Holidays free of limped phallus !@#$ing pigs of men and full of egg nog, champions, and !@#$ing warm blankets!

    ReplyDelete