Friday, November 11, 2016

How To Human

Preface

How To War


Step 1:

convince - whomever - to fear - whatever -

Step 2:

let fear - rampant and unfettered - thrive -

Also:

Buttress Step 1:

legitimize - elevate as superiorest reason - glorify as idolest extraordinaire - commend, laud, esteem as adulatory and grandest -
'whosoever' advances fear and 'whatsoever' advances terror -

Scaffold Step 2:

malign - vilify - crucify - 'whosoever' civilizes and advances peace (for all) - 
discredit - destroy - nullify - 'whatsoever' calms and advances (the whole) truth -

How To Human


*

I am a woman - borne from union of man and woman -

- and I am not afraid.

I am of ancestry of mountains and desserts - far from where I here -

- and I am not afraid.

My blood courses through hearts upon thrones - near and far -

- and I am not afraid.

Tears shed in anguish - nourish river beds of poverty - mine and yours -

- and I am not afraid.

I am religions - past and future -

- and I am not afraid.

I am sexualities - beyond polarities -

- and I am not afraid.

I am -

- and I am not afraid.

*

For fear enslaves us all -

For fear imprisons us all -

For fear immolates us all -

*

Only -

If -

We empower fear to enslave us -

We empower fear to imprison us -

We empower fear to immolate us -

*

Until -

Our liaison with terror - lustful and torrid - satisfies us no more -

Until -

Humanity - is worth succoring -

*

How to human -

and -

How to war -

will be -

One -


Playlist

How To War How To Human

*

Leonard Cohen You Want It Darker (official @ vevo @ youtube)

Shinedown How Did You Love (official @ youtube)

Frenship 1000 Nights (official @ vevo @ youtube)

*

for the immortal

death is transitory

here to there

and

back again

*

for the mortal

death

is 

the end of here and now

all that mattered

all that didn't

all that

never will

ever more

*

vivo semper liber perpetuum

- M.

9 comments:

  1. I can't think of two better poems than these two. Instead of elevating letters and poems of fear, loathing, and hatred - people should be elevating these. I especially like the tie-in with the songs that you chose in that people need to live their lives for the right reasons - not for the wrong ones as so many will only get one crack at this and for those who get multiple chances - they would love for those around them to focus more energy on love and peace than hate and war. Once again, I am humbled by your words. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me that fear leads to hate and ultimately to a road that only leads to more war and strife. And thank you for reminding me that my anger at my story not coming to be is simply my anger and not that I was robbed of anything. I hope one day we can see each other again, and that when I see you sitting under a tree enjoying bubble tea with your champion and little prince that I can have the courage to walk up to you and say, "Hi."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent pieces... devoid of the shallow... and materialistic... drumming of war... and me, me, me... culture. These are indeed... great counters to the vapid... and self-interested... people who feel the need... to spread fear... discontent... anger for being robbed... of a presidency of one crook.... over another one... Each of us should spread... this message... and poems... to as many as possible...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There can be no more fitting tribute to the late Leonard Cohen than this masterful article. I imagine that he is smiling down on the words and thoughts that you have for him and for all of us. I hope that his rebirth happens soon and that this time he walks through the life he has fully awake to those around him.

    As for me, this peace helps me to shed the cobwebs of my mind and to reach out to the sun and the moon in the hopes of sharing a life of love, peace, and truth. Hopefully the mortals around us will try to do the same, as this century could be the one where we finally move forward in evolution instead of backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Sif – borne from union of mortal and immortal –
    And I am not afraid.
    I am of the deserts, the mountains, the stars – farthest from there –
    And I am not afraid.
    My blood courses red, blue, and royal – on thrones and on stones –
    And I am not afraid.
    I toil in dirt – I cry in hovels – I nourish the poor – here and there –
    And I am not afraid.
    I am of all faiths – all gods – all goddesses – now and forever –
    And I am not afraid.
    I love men – I love women – I love old – I love young – I love child –
    And I am not afraid.
    I see war – I see hate – I see protest – I see change –
    And I am not afraid.
    I am – who I am –
    And I am not afraid.

    For the love of my sister – I reject fear

    For the love of my sister – I reject prisons

    For the love of my sister – I reject the flame.

    For the love of my sister – I embrace joy

    For the love of my sister – I embrace the Earth

    For the love of my sister – I embrace the ice.

    For the love of my sister – I will not run

    For the love of my sister – I renew hope

    For the love of my sister – I seek peace.

    For the love of my sister – I stand with her
    And I am not afraid of the Dark or War or the Future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish more people were like you. That more understood that there is no fear when you choose love, and that the more that you choose love the more that it exists in your life and everything else gets easier and easier. I pray that we see calm soon as more people embrace love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more time that we spend fearing life - the more time that we spend frittering away the mortality that was a gift given in love.

    Don't diminish that gift with your hatred - with your inability to let things go - or to clutch on to the fear that will destroy you - and others around you.

    Let go of the self-interests that drive us to work against each other - and to be mad and full of rage that your spot in history did not happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Even better poems! And a great reminder for everyone to just relax and breathe through their mother!@#$ing !@#.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This beautiful masterpiece hits on the obvious that we humans have a tendency to sabotage everything with fear, often going out of our way to let fear guide us even when we don't need to be. And then we use that fear to blame everyone else for scaring us, driving us to our most base and destructive behaviors. So, in the end its time to let the fear go and the blame; and focus on how do we all find our common ground.

    ReplyDelete