Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sum Ergo Jus

a conversation (or dialogue, if you will)...

*

Word: Everything is unbelievable.

Karma: Indeed unbelievable.

Word: What? No. I don't think you understand. The news. It's terrible.

Karma: Is it?

Word: Of course it is! There's so much misinformation! It's impossible to know what to believe!

Karma: Is it?

Word: Are you dim? You can't believe anything. Everyone has an agenda. Don't you?

Karma: I do. As do you.

Word: Well then, what is your agenda?

Karma: Justice.

Word: Excuse me?

Karma: Karma is Justice. Sum ergo Jus.

Word: Well, I see.

Karma: And yours?

Word: I don't have one.

Karma: Ah. Your agenda is Lying.

Word: What? No. I don't have an agenda and I'm not lying.

Karma: There you go, your agenda is Lying.

Word: I vehemently disagree! That you don't agree with me is of course your issue; but I'm not lying!

Karma: Agreement has nothing whatsoever to do with this nor of course is this my issue; the truth is the truth and you are not telling the Truth.

Word: I am a man of principle! I am a man of honor! I am a man of integrity! I am a man of my word! In fact, everyone I have ever met would affirm that my word is my bond and no more trustworthy man has ever lived!

Karma: I am Justice. I see the Truth.

Word: Then what do you see, when you see me?

Karma: I see a man of himself whose affliction is incurable.

Word: What?! I see a noble man. I see a virtuous man. It is you who are afflicted. Perhaps you are jealous and envious. Because you are inferior. For I am a man of success and wealth!

Karma: Alas the smoke and mirrors of man alter not the indelible truth. For the truth pierces every lie as faithful as lightning.

Word: You are obviously not a man of facts. Nor are you a man of reality. For I am well respected by my peers as facts attest and I am well thought of by all who have dealt with me as testimonies prove!

Karma: Verily I can no more cure your blindness than your God, for there comes a time when all cures abjure 'fore Justice.

Word: Your riddles mean nothing. You know nothing. I stand before God the Eternal as a man of my word!

Karma:

Thus no man of Word are thee whose words are Lies Lies Lies whose deeds are Ignobilities Dishonors Shames. For there is but one man of Word and He is God the Eternal of a Thousand Faces whose Deeds Untold are Immemorial. For I am One. I am Justice.


More

May Karma be Just Ever and Always.

- M

*

Note

Sum ergo Jus is a reference to Cogito ergo Sum (attributed to René Descartes).

In other words... Sum is to Cogito, per the latter... what Jus is to Sum, per the former.

In addition... while Justitia is contextually layered, the use of Jus enhances the complexity and density of the sentiment above.

Note that 'expert' translators and interpreters of thoughts and sentiments are often critically limited and mortally impaired by sheer lack of imagination and flexibility with respect to lingual expression.

- M

See Also

Word Origin and History for orthopraxis or orthopraxy (from Dictionary.com)

Promises, Promises, Promises (tvfs)

etc.

15 comments:

  1. It warms my heart to read this piece - to know that someone out there thinks like I do that espousing belief is not enough - that ultimately it's your behavior that matters. So many people nowadays have creeds - have mottos - have soul statements - but so few of those actually have the deeds to match what they are saying. They are essentially telling you that they are faithless by their words - because their deeds - their actions - their lives - are in conflict. And for those - to know that Karma - the Devil - Saint Peter - and all other heavenly bodies are not going to wait until you die - is going to haunt those people - because they use it as an excuse to be wicked in the here and now because they wrongly believe that there is no consequence until they die - even though they see consequences each and every day around them - they just believe that these are random events. Thank you as always for your ceaseless efforts to bring the truth to light - and to awaken the greater good and guide them to the real mission of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! A piece about our need for a second reformation!

    The first that occurred when Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the door of a church 500 years ago - but that was just about bringing about a change in the beliefs of the church and to get man closer to the truth and to the heavenly spirits. This one needs to be able bringing about a change in the behavior of the church, of humans to bring them closer to "doing" their beliefs rather than just saying it.

    We are all so happy to see you writing again! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder... how one Worrie.... is feeling about... karma... right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one has ever lived by their word - as you can't live based on what you are just thinking - and that is most certainly, "not doing good in the world." To "do good in the world," one must take the ideas that they have and practice them - not speak them. That's the problem with today's society. Too much talk, not enough action. I wonder if more people took a step back and saw their lives in action if they would realize that the afterlife and life are one in the same - and maybe then - a big maybe - they would actually stop the empty promises, espousing their words, lying about what they believe in, and just do good in the world... One thing is for certain - the world would be a much quieter place and social media - well it would not exist like it does now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are as articulate as you are wise beyond your years! While I suspect that this piece is a reaction to the repugnancy of the sales industries you have recently had to swim through, it is also a masterpiece about what it takes to be good in the here and now. And you break it down so simply in a way that transcends what the monolithically obtuse are capable of understanding since they would likely think that this nothing more than about religion when it is indeed about all things living and all aspects of this world. So what is the message I took from this? Well - never confine yourself to just words, and if you want to truly be reliable then you need speak in a way that is in agreement with your actions otherwise you are nothing more than another of these neanderthals or zombies that frequent this planet in such large numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are the times that I realize how great you are and how you need a real apostle or champion, one that does not just muscle his way through things like an oaf; but rather one that will sing your words from the corner and make a difference. Of course I humbly put my name in the hat for that as you will find me to be a more attractive option with more wit and influence than he.

    Anyway, I digress. One important thing to note here is that if we are to combat the evolution of orthodoxy so as to revert it back to orthopraxis we must eliminate persecution and focus on openness and equality so that humanity can focus less on words and more on action. It's persecution - which is growing across this world - that needs to be reversed before we are stuck with a plethora of words that have not faith, meaning, or substance behind them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me thinks that you might have - !@#$ing missed the point of the !@#$ing post in your !@#$ing pursuit of "acting" the part of the proper !@#$ing dandy.

      And humanity is not evolving towards !@#$ing orthodoxy, they are !@#$ing devolving into it. I guess your !@#ing degree from Elon College did not cover the difference. And also, humans are lazy !@#$s that's why they !@#$ing don't want to act...

      Btw - !@#$ing great piece A!

      Delete
    2. I really think... you should... drink... decaf....

      Delete
    3. One who boasts that they are better than another is simply hiding their own inadequacies through words and are failing to show the very actions that will help them win the heart of a woman so great. Her champion acts each day in a way that shows her who he is whereas your failure to act shows her each day who you really are.

      Delete
  7. I think more people would act in accord with their values if they knew that karma existed and that incentives happened in the here and now - not when you are dead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have come to realize after reading this piece and all like it that something sleeps inside of me, begging to be awakened, yearning to know the truth of my existence and what I can be and help others to be. For some, they realize this too but decide to go back to sleep, to sleep in the lies and dream about the materialism that they can have - forgetting what they came here to do and to be. In the end though the sleepers must awaken - they must choose the side that they will take: To act in the name of the noble truths or to act (exploit) the false truths.

    My last few days have been earth shattering - I have doubted who I am, what I am, and what I was put here to do. Fear, despair, doubt have become the norm for me in this time; yet something magnificent happened yesterday: I read this post and then heard beautiful songs of the noble truths sung by a person who just wants me to see the truth without agenda or deceit. It was at this point that I realized that those other feelings were because I was hanging on to the last vestiges of my former self defined by his words versus the self I could become by my actions. While I have no doubt that my awakening will be tumultuous, I just wanted to let you know that I have chosen - to awaken the sleeper and to choose the path defined by the noble truths instead of the path of the false idols.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One should... never touch... another man's.... fruit... especially his... banana... Maybe you... are really... a vegetable...

      Delete
    2. That's an interesting statement coming from one who has never had an issue with touching other's peaches and bananas without permission

      Delete
    3. Or is a bitter root who wishes he was a dandelion closer to the sun and moon...

      Delete
  9. Or maybe he is - more than you see him for with your limited vision brought on by old age and bitterness that keeps you from your loved ones. Or maybe its time for you to awaken your sleeper... I suggest watching Dune again and noting how a desert planet can become a vibrant place if you acknowledge the secrets that you hide from...

    ReplyDelete